Coastal Protection modelling services cover the design and implementation of engineering solutions for the protection against erosion and flooding, the mitigation of such phenomena in impacted areas, as well as the integration of relevant technical interventions to climate change adaptation strategies.
Such interventions comprise:
○ Coastal protection structures (emerged, submerged and floating breakwaters; groynes and groyne systems).
○ Beach nourishment projects.
○ Combinations of the above.
Harbour Design modelling services cover all stages from layout design to both the operational upgrading and climate-proofing of harbours, using our advanced modelling tools for:
○ Harbour layout (re-)design.
○ Upgrading of harbour structures (breakwaters, walls).
○ Evaluation and control of wave agitation in harbour basins.
○ Evaluation and mitigation of siltation problems in harbour basins and approach channels.
○ Shoreline erosion control in the vicinity of harbours.
Coastal Zone Management
Coastal Zone Management modelling services cover the design and implementation of integrated engineering solutions for the assessment and mitigation of erosion and flooding risks, under present and future extremes in a changing climate.
Such solutions comprise:
○ Identification of extremes (storms, waves, tides and water level variations).
○ Definition of coastal zone response (erosion/flooding maps).
○ Design of coastal protection and management practices.
○ Evaluation of risk mitigation.